What is Rufus?
Rufus is a utility that helps format bootable USB flash drives such as USB keys, memory sticks, etc. It can be used especially for the cases it is needed to create USB installation media from bootable ISOs (Windows, Linux, UEFI, etc). it can also be needed to work on a system that does not have an OS installed. Additionally, it is needed to flash a BIOS or other firmware from DOS. Moreover, you need it when you want to run the low-level utility. So despite its small size Rufus provides everything you need! Rufus 2.18 download is a jaw-dropping member of Rufus family.
Features of Rufus 2.18 download
Rufus is a simple but very excellent tool for Windows. It basically handles a lot of work formatting USB drives and making them bootable. Most notably it can also burn most of the ISO files to USB. So, this makes it a very valuable tool for DriveDoid users. A list of features of Rufus 2.18 for windows is given below:
- Supports Windows XP and higher
- Lightweight, easy to download with no installation required
- Backs the formatting of pen drives with multiple file systems
- Works with systems having no OS
- Faster than alternatives
- Formats flash drives safely
- Supports various languages for worldwide
- In sync with the old BIOS system
- Advance format options help the device recognition in the outmoded system as well
Burning and handling ISOs with Rufus 2.18 download
Burn Windows ISO
Firstly, it burns any Windows ISO (XP, 7 or 8)
Burns Linux-based ISO
Secondly it can burn any Linux-based ISO (Arch Linux, Ubuntu, Knoppix, etc).
Burns handy ISO
Additionally, it burns a number of handy ISOs (hiren’s Boot CD, FreeDOS, BartPE, Ultimate Boot CD)
Fourthly, it handles UEFI as well as legacy booting
Handles GPT and MBR
Handles GPT as well as MBR partition
What are GPT and MBR?
MBR and GPT are basically two different ways of storing the partitioning information on a drive. This information includes where partitions start. So your operating system knows which sector belongs to each partition. And it also knows which partition is bootable. Master Boot Recorder (MBR) disks use the standard BIOS partition table while GUID Partition Table (GPT) disks are Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI). GPT is a newer standard with many advantages including support for larger drives and is required by most modern PCs. That’s why you have to choose MBR or GPT before creating partitions on a drive.
What does a bootable USB mean?
USB boot is a process of using USB storage to boot or start a computer’s operating system. It enables computer hardware to use the USB storage stick to get all essential system booting information files. Rather than the standard/native hard disk or the CD drive, it is more efficient. Furthermore, all popular OS supports the creation of bootable USB drives. Those USB drives can be plugged into a USB slot to boot a computer, server or laptop. Booting mainly used to recover or repair and install an operating system. Furthermore, It provides users with an alternative method to boot a system, typically, to perform a USB boot a bootable USB drive must be created first. So, The bootable USB can be set up using a native operating system component or through various third-party utilities.
How to create a bootable USB?
- Install the software from the download button below.
- Select the USB drive to make it bootable.
- Now select the Disk or ISO image file from your pc.
- Set the partition scheme to MBR.
- From format options select the required file system.
- And click on the start button.
- It may take some time.
- Your USB is now bootable.
Download Rufus 2.18 for creating USB bootable with windows 10
In order to get your USB bootable with Windows 10, follow the steps mentioned below. After following these steps you will be able to get a booted USB:
- Download the tool Rufus 3.5 from here.
- Insert USB into your computer.
- Double click the .exe file you just downloaded
- During a warning, click yes.
- Choose USB from the device text box.
- Choose the partition scheme and target system type.
- Select “create a bootable disk using”. And then choose the ISO image. Click the DVD icon and provide the path of an ISO image from your local hard drive. Leave other options as default.
- Click start and then wait for the wizard to complete.
What’s new with Rufus 2.18?
- Add a cheat mode to the iterate the USB port of the currently selected device
- UPD is added for the complete protection of USB.
- File approach to Blackarch LINUX
- Grub4dos is upgraded
- Image decompression error fixed
- Enable the selection of the device for a refresh.
Title: Rufus 3.5
File size: 945KB (967,800 bytes)
Requirement: Windows (All versions)
Languages: multiple languages
Developer: Pete Batard
The download link is temporarily removed
Because Rufus 2.18 download support many bootable ISO files so, it is the dire need of the users who want to boot their USBs. Moreover, it allows the installation of MS-DOS or FreeDOS on a flash drive. This feature makes it a more demanded app. Rufus 2.18 can also be used to compute the MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256 hashes of currently selected images. The program is oriented to support system recovery issues without any difficulty, by enabling the user to have firm hands on the tiller. Additionally, this software supports multiple languages enabling for the exhibiting itself to the users worldwide. This program is not only as easy as pie but also does not require an installation process. Hence, it is ready for you the very next second of its download!
Indeed, Rufus 2.18 download for windows exhibits itself as a reliable and beneficial tool enabling the reboot process by using demountable devices. Moreover, bootable USB creation with this robust program is painlessly possible just within a few purchases. The Rufus 2.18 download program works with the low system utilities and safely format the portable device. Furthermore, being speedy the tool has gained a lot of importance among its competitors. So, it is an option to help you in the hour of oppression. I strongly recommend this app. You just go and download this software to enjoy the features of this software. To conclude, now there is no need to worry about booting the USB.
Don’t forget to have look and appreciate our work on PC software Driver Talent pro and you can download it for free now!